Saturday, December 23, 2006

Kips Bay, December 2006


This was at Second Avenue and E. 33rd Street, just north of my neighborhood movie theater, the Loewe's Kips Bay.

I'm in Florida now, practicing patience with my Mom's dialup Internet connection. The last 24 hours have been an exercise in patience, in fact: Making my way to the airport, waiting there, and waiting, and waiting - my flight was delayed a bit - and then spending three hours in the air. I did a lot of sitting around yesterday. I got lots of reading done, though, so that's the upside.

I've tried to meditate in airports, but I'm a little self-conscious about it. I always think someone might wonder what's wrong with me, why I'm unmoving and staring at the floor, and call the authorities. (In this day and age, the authorities will appear at the slightest provocation!)

No comments: