Monday, November 3, 2008

Birthday


Yesterday was my birthday -- the big 42. It was a nice, low-key day. I went to the Zendo in the morning (an hour early because I forgot to reset my clock!) and then relaxed at home all afternoon. I got some calls from friends and cleaned my floors. Then my friend David, his friend Jimmy and I went to dinner at Montparnasse, one of my favorite restaurants. I came home and watched “The Science of Sleep,” a very bizarre movie starring the very adorable Gael Garcia Bernal.

All this was after going out with my friend Kelly on Saturday night in Brooklyn -- a two-martini Saturday night. Whew!

I like being in my 40s. I feel much more stable, settled and peaceful than I did when I was younger.

I essentially turned off all campaign news over the weekend.

(Photo: Back Bay, Boston, Oct. 2008)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderfully relaxing day. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday!

Hey - I LOVED "The Science of Sleep" - it was strange, but then again, so am I. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday you big lunk-head!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Steve! I wish you many, many more and lots of great adventures!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday. Enjoyed celebrating mine with you in NYC last month. I forgot my clock setting too. The great thing about it in the fall is that you get an unexpected gift of an extra hour.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Steve! The forties are a good time, plenty of energy, enough zip to zing and the fifties to look forward to...


Kelly B.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great way to celebrate another year. I didn't miss reading the paper or hearing the campaign news while I was in Chicago. I think we all need a break from what has become a barrage. It will be over soon!

Anonymous said...

happy returns steve
(why do we say that?)

what a lovely weekend.

AND - i've just been looking at your book info.
your book!! looks fab!!

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday!!!!!

ah I remember my 40s....they were great years, almost as good as my fifties....