Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sock Monkey 2


A couple of years ago I did a post about a vintage store in Tampa called Sock Monkey. My friend Sarah had stopped there and was enthusiastic about all the fun stuff inside as well as the cool tile walls of the building (click the link for close-up pics). I'd always planned to visit, so I stopped by Sock Monkey on Sunday afternoon and was disappointed to find it completely closed.

In fact, the entire building was vacant, from what I could tell. Makes me wonder if Sarah's prediction that "someday this building will go" is coming to pass.

Dave and I are back home in New Jersey after an uneventful trip yesterday. We were somewhat delayed and didn't actually walk in our door until about 4:30 p.m. I unpacked while Dave hit the grocery store, and then Adam brought the dogs over. They were SO excited to see us!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I'm glad you are reunited with Ruby and Ernie. A couple of wagging tails make coming home so special, yes?

As for the comings and goings of businesses, I want to cry when I walk through Georgetown these days. Most of my favorite old places are long gone.

Reya Mellicker said...

I bet the dogs went wild. Jake was always overjoyed when I returned from a trip. Dogs are so good.