Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Jubilee Flags


This is what one of London's main shopping drags, Oxford Street, looks like decked out in its Jubilee finery. This weekend is the main celebration; in addition to the Queen's flotilla on the Thames, there are all sorts of events planned, large and small. Even one of our neighborhood pubs is getting into the action with a "fancy dress" (costume) party and other activities.



Above is Regent Street, which leads from Oxford down to Piccadilly Circus. Closer to home, Portobello Road is also trimmed with flags. Dave and I intend to attend some of the weekend events -- though probably not in fancy dress. You'll get a full report!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I look forward to that full report!

The Bug said...

Love all the flags. The answer to a puzzle I was working this morning was Union Jack :)

Lynne said...

I too will be looking forward to fab pics and up-close coverage! Love the flags.

e said...

Enjoy...I too await your report.