Saturday, July 16, 2016

Back to England


This sign used to stand atop a pole in front of a mobile home park near the house where I grew up. I always liked it as a kid. I'm not sure why they took the pole away, but now the sign is attached to a fence. What do you suppose got covered up by the word "HOME"? Do the Disney people know about this?

Well, this evening I fly back to England. I gotta say I am ready to go. I love my family, but I want to get home.

Last night I went out to dinner with my step-sister, her husband and their cousin, who I suppose is my...step-cousin? (It's all so complicated.) She's 15 years younger than me, and I hadn't seen her since she was about five -- so it's been a while. I think Duran Duran was still making hit records! Anyway, we had a good time at a posh little restaurant and then went to a bar that was far swankier than anything I knew existed in north Tampa. I had wine but kept it to a minimum for fear of awakening the gastritis monster.

Speaking of which, that's been much better since I began taking my Nexium last week. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday morning in London. Another good reason to go home.

This is what's waiting for me:


Dave sent that picture via Facebook this morning. Look at Olga, soaking up the London sunshine! The brown thing on the grass is Dave's favorite sweatshirt, though, so I guess it must not be super warm, at least in the early mornings. Here in Florida, it's hard to imagine that it's not sweltering everywhere.

11 comments:

John Going Gently said...

Looks like the cover of the book
The curious tale of the dog in the nightime

Welcome back

e said...

Have a safe trip!

Elizabeth said...

So much green in that picture! I miss green and lushness -- it's so dang dry out here. I wish you safe travels and a speedy recovery for those digestive issues!

MaryAnn said...

I love your photos of Florida which show its unique personality. Have a good flight home!

Sharon said...

Safe travels back home! I know what you mean about the heat. It's always hard for me to pack for a trip when it's summer here. I simply can't imagine that I might need a jacket or scarf at my destination. That probably explains my collection of souvenir umbrellas.

Linda Sue said...

I have been loving your photos , very strange place! Another world! Happy flight(ugh), stay well and safe...IT is still winter here.Olga looks unbothered.

Red said...

You've done a lot on your short trip to Florida but, I know it's always nice to get back home.

The Bug said...

Olga leads such a hard life - I hate to see her suffer so. Speaking of suffering - I'm feeling much better since I started taking Nexium too.

ellen abbott said...

It's always good to get home and you've visited your family quite a bit this year seems like. Olga looks in need of a walk.

Coppa's girl said...

Is this to show you what you've been missing, or to show you what needs doing once you're home !
Safe journey home.

37paddington said...

Safe travels back to your authentic English garden!