Friday, March 2, 2007

Chelsea, February 2007


This is actually a self-portrait, but you have to look kind of hard to see me. (Blogs are SO narcissistic!) I took this outside the Empire Diner on 10th Avenue in Chelsea. I liked the round pattern of the tables and the round window, and inside that window on the far wall there's a round mirror, which is where you see my reflection. (I have my scarf over my head because it was COLD that day.)

Went out last night with some friends in Chelsea to watch "The Best of Everything" on the big screen. What a hoot. I don't know how I missed this movie in years past, but if you like late-'50s technicolor melodramas, it's, well, the best of everything! And I went with the same guys from my Poconos trip in January, so they know how to watch a corny old movie, with the proper combination of reverence and scorn.

I'm going to be away from my blog for a few days, until Monday morning. Have a good weekend!

No comments: