Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bond Street, May 2007


I like this sentiment, though it's not always easy to see at the time you're being taught!

I'm wondering what I'm being taught as I sit here in the quiet morning, typing, and my next-door neighbor is sneezing and hacking so powerfully that I can hear him through the walls. Poor guy. He must have one heck of a cold.

Maybe it's a lesson in compassion. Rather than be annoyed at the noise, and the fact that he's drowning out the mourning doves, I have to keep in mind that he's apparently sick.

My plumber last week was a great teacher, too: That was definitely all about compassion and patience. And what am I teaching each day when I go out into the world?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was gonna sing that awful song 'i'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony....' but i didn't want to put it in your head all day long.....