Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer


I went outside yesterday afternoon and finally experienced the hot, bright intensity of summer. Here in New York we've had a very damp, cool season so far -- but that ended yesterday, when we finally broke 90 degrees in Central Park. I'd forgotten what it's like to be outside under that white, relentless sun. I was glad to get inside again!

I had to go out for a doctor's appointment -- I'm seeing a gastroenterologist partly because of my recurrent gastritis. We're going to do a few tests over the coming month to make sure nothing is seriously amiss. My nightmare is that he's going to ask me to give up coffee or alcohol -- or both!

(Photo: Bedroom chair, August 2009)

3 comments:

Merle Sneed said...

I hope it goes well at the gastroenterologist.

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

There are so many reasons for one's stomach to be off. I hope yours is nothing difficult to address. And I hope you don't have to change your diet in the least.

When you think about it, it's fairly amazing that our complicated bodies work so well for the most part.

(I deleted my initial comment because I hate looking at typos!)