Saturday, October 10, 2015

Two Inconsequential Pictures


Does this mean they don't have any more wood, or they don't want any more wood?

Who knows.

In any case, NO MORE WOOD.


Some of the tube stations in London have colorful tile decorations. I've already shown you Sherlock Holmes at Baker Street, and there's a very modernist-looking black horse at Black Horse Road. The photo above shows the tiles at Tottenham Hale, which is on the River Lea. I love this medieval couple fording the stream, the woman with her chickens and eggs. Could this be Mr. and Ms. Moon in an earlier lifetime?

Even though I only worked three days this week, I am beat. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend of staying close to home, doing laundry, and walking the dog on the heath -- after I dispense with French class this morning. I did go out last night with some coworkers to a pub near work, and that pretty much meets my celebratory quota for the weekend.

4 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Perhaps there's a spelling mistake on that curious homemade sign. Maybe they meant "No More Would" and it might be the beginning of a poem...

No More Would Steve
Even briefly believe
In the power of beer
To dispel fear...

Or something like that.

Ms. Moon said...

Haha! Yep. That's me and Glen. And our chickens. And our...dog?
Well, he looks like a fine dog.

jenny_o said...

Odd sign, but funny!

Those tiles are cool.

The Bug said...

I've got kind of a dirty mind about the wood sign :)