Saturday, September 15, 2007

East Village, Sept. 2007


Sorry about that photo yesterday - I thought it was kind of motivating, but apparently some people found it depressing. I didn't mean it that way, honest!

Moving a little slowly this morning. I was out last night until 1 a.m., which is utterly unheard of for me. (I'm such an old fogie.) I went to see the brilliant Teddy Thompson at the Bowery Ballroom, at the suggestion of a friend. Teddy is the son of folkies Richard and Linda Thompson, and he put on a great show. His musicianship is impeccable, though his material is a little too "country" to be ideal to my tastes. I also really liked his opening act, Christina Courtin - even bought one of her CDs. She had a kind of Bjork-like voice, I thought.

We also went to Moby's tea cafe, Teany, where I had the most interesting chrysanthemum tea - there were literally little chrysanthemum flowers suspended in it. Very subtle, and such a neat change from my old standby, coffee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve, I wasn't familiar with Teddy Thompson, but I checked out his new album at iTunes and I really like his sound. I gravitate toward the old-style country songs anyway.

You have to love a song called "You Finally Said Something Good (When You Said Goodbye)". Don't you?

Anonymous said...

I think if you like country, you'd really like him. He's terrific.

I joked with a friend that this is the only way New Yorkers will listen to country music: Coming from an Englishman in a suit!

Anonymous said...

no need to apologise for yesters. at times we're probably not. i agree with you. it is motivating. therefore todat i am going out boating. steady on ste. 1am? oooh!
;0p

Anonymous said...

Steve - the truth always hurts! Fact is, I bet most of us aren't living life to the fullest, including me! It is NEVER a bad thing to be reminded of that in my opinion.