Thursday, February 14, 2008

Documentary


Last night I went to a screening of a documentary film being made by a coworker. I don’t think I should say anything about the subject of the movie, since it’s still a work in progress, but it was terrific. Impressive, moving and absorbing.

I’m amazed that someone who works full time could find enough energy to work on such a huge project. That just blows my mind. I barely have enough energy at the end of the day to open a can of soup!

(Photo: "Rock of Peace," Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Feb. 2008)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you have so many cans of soup available to open, too!

I love documentaries, my favorite kind of film. So glad folks are out there making them.

Probably your co-worker doesn't spend a lot of time walking around the city, taking beautiful pics, doesn't go to Zendo, or read books by Paul Bowles, ie. he/she probably doesn't do all the things you do that make your life so interesting and multi-dimensional.

Anonymous said...

Looks like they should rename it the ROCK of pick up those PIECEs of litter. I'm surprised to see litter next to such a groovy rock

Anonymous said...

Dude, one of my cousins lives in a tree very close to that cool rock.

I am blown away by people who write 900 page novels. (Shantaram springs to mind)

Anonymous said...

keep us abreast of developments on the documentary project. humans are such an amazing species!!

love the rock! rock on! peace on!!

there is a heart for you! yes you! at the mouse!

Anonymous said...

Try working more than full time, getting your doctorate, AND keeping up with a house, partner and dog! *WINK*

P.S. - I love the pic. How cool is that?

Anonymous said...

Nice pic Steve. I don't know how people get the energy either. Maybe a labor of love does that to you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve, when is your birthday? Cergie and I are involved in a math experiment (she's doing the math part)