Friday, May 2, 2008

Rapids


This week has been madness. Literally every waking moment I’ve been somewhere, doing something. Some of it’s been fun, some of it’s been work -- I had a couple of professional events, a documentary I watched and critiqued for a friend, a Broadway play, a few evenings with Bob. I was at the Zendo almost all day last Sunday, for services and a committee meeting. And now I’m off to D.C. for the weekend!

My cat barely knows who I am at this point.

It’s always challenging when things get this busy, but, well, that’s just the way it goes. Sometimes the river is a slow, placid one, and sometimes you’re whooshing down whitewater rapids.

Last night, I went to see “Cry Baby” on Broadway with my friend Jay. It’s a fun show, with some exceptional song-and-dance numbers. But plotwise, it’s pretty thin -- basically “Grease” all over again. Because I had an earlier work commitment, we had to rush to get to the show in time, and we ate literally on the run. As I elbowed my way through crowds on 44th Street, wolfing down a turkey wrap from D’Agostino’s, I told Jay, “Let it never be said that I am not a classy theater-goer!”

Anyway, I won’t be posting for the next few days. I’ll be back Monday. Have a great weekend!

(Photo: Chelsea, April 2008)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I will have a great weekend! See you soon!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time whooshing down the rapids, Steve.

Anonymous said...

weird magic here, Steve. I see my message posted...after I got a delivery failure message in my inbox. Hm...magic? I believe it :-)

Anonymous said...

Dennis says Have fun Steve!