Thursday, May 22, 2008

Shadowbox


I got a request for a photo of the shadowbox where my rings reside, so here it is. As you can see, I keep a lot of stuff in there, from seashells to small gifts and souvenirs to items from my childhood. (The box usually has glass on the front, but I removed it for the photo.)

For explanation of each item, click here and then roll your cursor over the photo. (You really have to do this to experience it properly and see more detail!)

As you know, I am not a fan of clutter. This is the one place in my house where I can keep small tchotchkes where they won’t drive me crazy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Love the flikr page and explanations.

Flower power button? Wow. This is a great collection, very neatly arranged and displayed. This is definitely NOT clutter.

Thank you for sharing it with us!

Anonymous said...

ok. now tell me this: HOW do you manage to keep the tchotchkes down to what will fit in 26 tiny spaces? What do you do if somebody gives you a new something? If you've ever had a look at shots of my desk or my kitchen, you'll know why I'm asking:-)

Loved the guided tour through the shadowbox. Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

ask and you shall receive. thank you! if only most of life could be like visiting with steve!

I love the click here.... and the very cool tour of your treasure box.

wow!!

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous collection and a wonderful way to honor them. I especially love the little cars that a young steve zoomed around. And the flikr commentary is very impressive.

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool, Steve.

Anonymous said...

I love the Vdubs!