Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Fourth!


Well, the stomach seems a bit better, thankfully. The doctor told me to just keep taking the Nexium and let him know if things don't improve. I think I'm on the mend, though.

I'm off today on a street art walk, and this evening I'm headed out to New Jersey for the weekend. I'm not sure yet what's on the agenda -- Dave and I talked about trying to picnic somewhere tomorrow, and then we're going to my friend David's in the evening to watch the New York City fireworks. (They're over the Hudson this year, rather than the East River, so they'll be visible from New Jersey, where David lives.)

On Sunday I'll be helping Dave move the last of his stuff to East Brunswick. He's rented a U-Haul, and I'll be fine as long as I don't have to drive it in Manhattan -- that's where I draw the line!

Have a great holiday, everyone. Catch you next week!

(Photo: Midday cafe, Greenpoint, Brooklyn, June 2009)

7 comments:

Merle Sneed said...

Enjoy the weekend!

Oh, and I'm glad you're on the mend.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. I hope you and Dave return to his high standards for food soon in the interest of your stomach.

Enjoy the fireworks!

Barbara said...

Oops! My daughter wasn't really reading your Blog, but I was signed on under her Gmail account...

lettuce said...

Happy 4th Steve - hope you have a good weekend with no aches or pains

Reya Mellicker said...

Happy fourth to you. Glad your tum is on the mend.

mum said...

A great 4th to you, Steve.

e said...

Sorry to hear of your gastritis and Dave leaving the city, but things will work out. I loved your photos of the pride parade.

Enjoy!