Sunday, July 5, 2009

Morocco


I put a small collection of photos from my Peace Corps days on Flickr. I scanned some of them because the prints were deteriorating badly -- photos developed in Morocco often don't hold up all that well! Others I just wanted to share via the Internet, like the shot above, one of my favorites from my two years living there.

This is a street scene in the town of Tan Tan, in far southern Morocco, on the edge of the Sahara.

Take a look at the set via the link above, if you're interested. Maybe if I get around to it I'll scan some more. It's nice to know they're housed on a server in digital form just in case my house burns down or something!

5 comments:

e said...

Greetings!

Methinks I've seen this before, but not for many years. I love the variety of colours, textures and visuals in this photo. Good idea scanning these...Hope you're feeling better???

Barbara said...

You look so content in all the pictures. No gastrointestinal problems even though you were in the third world. And hair!

I don't think I have a single photo of my time spent in Morocco. But I do have a lot of good memories of the people and the food. I also remember how they would revert to Arabic when they didn't want us to understand.

mum said...

what e said. There's something surrealistic about it.

Merle Sneed said...

I don't know what I thought Morocco looked like, but I didn't expect the hills. I loved the shot of you beside the peace sign. Just perfect and so like you.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

amazing photo.... look forward to the flickr album