Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mom at the Lake


Here's my mom in her native environment -- standing on the dock watching birds. She loves keeping an eye on the ducks, cormorants, anhingas, herons and other waterbirds out on the lake. The other day there were ducks on the water and she asked me what kind they were -- as if I would know. I said, "Black speck ducks." Because that's all I could see -- black specks on the water.

My brother and his family arrived last night for a weekend visit. My little niece is standing next to me at the moment with a sheet over her head, loudly proclaiming, "I'm a wizard!"

Ah, family life.

We're all going to my dad's house this afternoon for a visit.

4 comments:

Gary said...

Dear Wizards Uncle,

It sounds lovely.

xo
Waterbird

Ms.M said...

Wow it's amazing how that picture can take me back a few years. Even though I lived in the city places like that are not rare.

A wizard niece may come in handy one day. :) Was she invisible at the moment? Made me think of the baby Vader commercial where the boy was trying to do something magicly, and the daddy hummors him with the car. It was out about a year ago.

Ms. M

The Bug said...

I wanna go stand beside your mom!

e said...

Dear Wizards Uncle.

I said yes to your enquiry. Please check your email and get back to me. Have a wonderful time with both Janes and the rest of the clan!