Sunday, May 28, 2017

Cemetery Karaoke


We had beautiful weather yesterday. Olga and I seized the opportunity for a leisurely walk in the sunny cemetery. She's not quite used to the warmer season -- she didn't seem to want to walk too far, and she was moving a bit slowly. No squirrel-chasing! I gave her plenty of water from the taps along the cemetery pathways to help her beat the heat.

(It wasn't that hot -- mid-70s, maybe? She's just a drama queen.)


Otherwise, it was a low-key day. I read and transcribed some old journals and did laundry. I was thrilled that the yard-waste recycling people finally, finally collected our bags of old leaves and sticks and cuttings -- a month and a half after we paid for the service. (Apparently it took a while for the bureaucratic machinery to process our payment and deliver our bag tags, without which the bags languish uncollected.)

Thanks for all your comments on my post yesterday. Now that I read them, I don't know where I got the idea that freezing was what would happen. It sounds like surgery is the gold standard.

Someone had a cranking karaoke party last night in the building behind our flat. I woke around 2:45 a.m. and it was really blaring, a group of people singing an unidentifiable modern pop song at the top of their lungs with all the windows open. I debated calling the police, and I flashed back to a time in New York (almost ten years ago to the day) when I was faced with a similar situation. But ultimately, I never did anything. I went back to sleep. Let the kids have their fun.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Yes. Let the kids have their fun. Unless it happens again. And again. And then- hell no! Sleep is precious.

Red said...

After I read your post I understood what the title was about. I really wanted to find out what the singing in the cemetery was all about.Yes people will have fun and get carried away with their singing..

ellen abbott said...

great pic of Olga hidden in the grass. and mid-70s is not hot. we're supposed to be in the mid-80s all next week.

37paddington said...

I love that you let the kids have their fun. We were them once. xo

Sharon said...

That sounds like pretty perfect weather....well for you anyway! Olga must prefer it to be a tiny bit cooler.
I can't imagine waking up to loud singing at 2:45. It's bad enough to wake up at that time for no reason but loud music would make it worse for sure.

jenny_o said...

I love that title!

Noise at night makes me see red. If I don't get a good night's sleep I am toast the next day!