Friday, September 26, 2008

Rain


We are getting quite a bit of rain this morning. I'm lying in bed listening to it fall. I don't know of any more wonderful sound than a rainstorm outside when you're lying in bed inside.

New York moments:

-- I was walking to work Wednesday when I passed a man standing at a fruit cart, holding what looked like a self-help book titled “Who Stole My Bananas?” And he was buying bananas!

-- On the subway I saw a slender, blond, very attractive woman with extremely full, extremely lipsticky lips, reading a book called “Whores and Other Feminists.” Which turns out to be a series of essays by women who work in the sex industry.

(Photo: String curtain in a cafe in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Sept. 2008)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's raining here, too - not too hard, but it's steady and soothing. I love rain up to a point. After a few days of it, though, I long to see the sun.

Anonymous said...

I always say you can find just about anything in New York City. Enjoy the rain. It's a calm rain here.

Anonymous said...

LOL - I am a sucker for anything with bananas. They always make a great punch line. Great observations. Please remain on the look out for more because you have made me chuckle.

Anonymous said...

No rain in sight, but I was snuggled in with new kitten Frank this a.m. Nothing like hearing that completely relaxed sigh of a contented animal . . .

Anonymous said...

Good catches...you have to always be paying attention.
Thats a really cool photo too...great use of shadows and light with a lot of visual style.

oh hey, speaking of paying attention, my pal kissyface points out that David Wallace committed suicide at the end of Suicide Week.

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of rain on a roof top, especially if I don't have to be out in it...The green curtain is yet another stunning example of your attention to detail.

Anonymous said...

ha, very funny. what an excellent post Mr. Reed and i love the photo.

Quite warm and very sunny here.

have a great weekend