Friday, October 7, 2011

Nigeria Scam #2


While we're waiting for the dogs to arrive, I thought I'd share another Nigeria Scam e-mail I received recently. I can't help it -- I find these things hilarious.

I mean, why would the United Nations and the International Monetary Fund send me a joint e-mail to notify me that I'm being "compensated" with a $4 million ATM card? And why do I have to stop communicating with anyone else on three continents?

Do people really fall for these things?

----
UNITED NATIONS ORGANISATION
In Conjuction With
INTERNATIONAL MONEYTARY FUND
I.M.F. ( www.imf.org )
ADDRESS (Redacted)
TELEPHONE (Redacted)
TELEFAX (Redacted)

Attn:

RE : YOUR $4M USD COMPENATION VIA MASTERCARD ATM CARD .

Dear Beneficiary .

This is to notify you that THE UNITED NATIONS in collaboration with BRITISH AND AMERICAN GOVERMENT has made plans with MASTERCAR for a Commercial Restructuring and release of your compensation payment in the sum of US$4,000,000.00 Via An ATM CARD With the information on my desk, I was made to understand that you have been going through hard ways by paying a lot of charges to see to the release of your funds which has been delayed. Please, from now hence forth stop further communication with any person(s) from any part of Africa,Europe or Asia.

You are advised to communicate with us immediately you read this email regarding your $4million. Your ATM card will be shipped via a Courier Company and would get to you within 48 hours at most.

Payment via Automatic Teller Machine (ATM Card): This where you will be sent an Automatic Teller Machine card also known as ATM card (Debit Card issued by MasterCard). Upon receipt of your ATM card you will be allowed to withdraw $70,000.00 per day by default and you are given the option to increase the withdrawal limit of your card to a range of $90,000.00 as the case may be.

Please reconfirm your details as follows.

Your full Name......................
Your Address:.......................
Country Origin......................
Present Country.....................
Home/Cell Phone.....................
Occupation..........................
Age.................................
Sex.................................
Fax if any..........................
Preferred Payment Method (ATM):.....

Thanks yours sincerly

(Name redacted)

UNITED NATIONS OFFICE LONDON
ENGLAND.


------
(Photo: Piccadilly Circus, yesterday.)

No comments: