Monday, October 24, 2011

Tyrannosaur


I saw a good British movie yesterday called "Tyrannosaur." Pretty intense and not exactly pleasant, as it deals with anger and abuse and regret, but beautifully made and definitely worth seeing. I'd read about it in one of the local papers and decided to check it out. I'm not familiar with the writer and director, Paddy Considine, but I'll watch for more of his films.

I didn't photograph the jazz festival after all. We couldn't work out a time for me to go that wouldn't have me making two trips to the school or hanging around for hours with nothing to do. And then Ruby seemed to be having trouble standing on Saturday night, because of a lingering infection on her hip, so I stayed home to take care of her. I bought some antibiotic cream, which paired with the antibiotics from the vet seemed to help a lot, and she's much better now.

I did get to go to dinner on Friday with Dave and the other teachers involved with the festival, so that was fun. And I took some good walks over the weekend -- one along the towpath beside the Grand Union Canal, which runs near our neighborhood and connects London to Birmingham and other points west, and one from Soho back to Notting Hill.

(Photo: A leaf on the path beside the canal, on Saturday. Things are looking more and more autumnal around here!)

2 comments:

Reya Mellicker said...

Poor Ruby. Though - she's lucky you're willing to stay home with her. Glad she's on the mend, that fall has arrived in London, and that you're seeing films and making yourself at home.

Do you get homesick?

Barbara said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to photograph the jazz festival. It would be interesting to cross your photography with music.

It's really fortunate you can devote so much time to caring for Ruby.

I love going on London outings with you!