Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sidewalk Sno-Cones


Excuse my French, but merde! It is COLD out there this morning. I took Olga out at 5:30, as per usual, and there were little clumps and patches of snow on the sidewalk. Olga treated them like sno-cones, diving in and snapping them up. She loves snow. I am not such a fan, particularly in March.

This is turning out to be a nightmare week for finding substitute teachers. For some reason many of my subs are tied up doing other things. I came perilously close to not having any to fill a job today, and I still have a job to fill on Thursday and no one to take it. Ugh. I mean, why do people think they can have a life?!

One of our amaryllis plants is blooming brilliant red on our kitchen windowsill. The other three have buds in varying stages of development. A touch of the tropics in the middle of our Arctic blast!

(Photo: Street art near the Heygate estate, Elephant & Castle, London.)

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

That graffiti scares me. The letters remind me of entrails.
Hang on. Hang in. It'll get warmer and people will quit being sick. I promise.

ellen abbott said...

You are up and out on the street at 5:30?! It's still night at 5:30.

The Bug said...

I'm with Ellen - ha! If I'm awake that early it's a total accident & I try really hard to get back to sleep. Although I do get up at 6:00 several days a week.

Flower pictures please!!

Reya Mellicker said...

This is not what you needed, the cold, snow and recalcitrant subs. But this too shall pass.

Easy for me to say.

e said...

It has been many years since I've seen snow at this time of year...As others have said, bloody cold...I hope you do find a Thursday sub. Does Olga wear a doggie sweater?

Anonymous said...

'Pit Stop Bar' I see but, for the life of me, can't make out what the graffiti says...or is it saying anything. Spring is around the corner :)