Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sunflowers, and No News


Another rainy day yesterday. Of course, I was at work, so looking out at the rain from the cozy shelter of the library was no hardship. The kids are back to school this week -- high schoolers yesterday and middle schoolers today -- so the halls are getting busier (and noisier).

Some of the kids greet me like they're happy to see me again, and some ignore me. I just remind myself that I am merely a minor feature of their school landscape. In many cases I can't remember their names, which I hate to admit!

A few commenters asked to see our middle school talent video, which I mentioned yesterday. I'm working on making that happen, but I can't promise anything. I don't even have a copy of it myself. It'll be on the school's web site, but behind a firewall, so the general public can't get to it. (Yes, we were THAT BAD.)

I finished "The Sea" yesterday. It wound up being good after all -- lyrically written, with a couple of twists at the end. I'd have made much shorter work of it if I'd had more spare time lately. Tonight I may get back out on the photography trail, if the weather cooperates.

(Photo: Sunflowers in Alperton, on Saturday.)

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Sunflowers are such brave and cheerful things, aren't they?
Ah...back to work. I wouldn't beat myself up for not knowing all of the kids' names. I am horrible at faces, just as bad at names.

ellen abbott said...

Love the sunflowers. I'm not back to work but I am trying to sort through all the crap we brought back from the old house. what the hell am I going to do with this stuff.

Reya Mellicker said...

Keeping my fingers crossed about the library video.

Have you seen Oklahoma (speaking of musicals). Lamest plot ever but oh - the music. And the super super wide screen landscape shots are fabulous.

Wayne said...

Urgh, back to school time. Please don’t remind me…

I always love a good sunflower!