Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Morning


OK, so maybe I'm not stopping after all.

My blog pal JDZS hit the nail on the head when he questioned my compulsion to write every day. I think I'm going to just loosen up the format a bit here, and instead write when I feel like I have something to say. Not only will that be far less exhausting -- it will probably also dispel my nagging feelings of blog insincerity or superfluousness. It makes sense that those feelings would arise when I'm writing just because I feel like I should.

Also, I'm doing away with those silly place/date headlines. Now that I'm posting more than photos, they're just confusing.

Isn't this exciting? The psychodrama of Steve's blog?

So, anyway, thanks for indulging me on my break, y'all. Fair warning: I'm going to take another one in about a week, when I'm going on vacation. But for now, I'm back!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!

I'm glad I could be of service, Steve, and I'm glad that you are still going to be blogging.

I'm amazed - someone actually listened to me for a change! HA!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're back in action and i'm looking forward to those days when you feel like you have something to say.

Anonymous said...

Glad that you came back to the world of photo blogging. You were one of the sites that got me started just over a week ago. I know, i'm just a virgin blogger! Welcome back, looking forward to see what you've got to say in the future.

Anonymous said...

Steve,

I'm so glad you decided to continue.

a) I always thought that you blog was insightful. You always have something worthwhile to sayt.

b) Your date/place titles were very interesting to me.

E

Anonymous said...

Sorry, my typing is not so good today.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, everybody! :)

Merle, I'm still going back and forth on the headlines. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

I think that it is wise to allow yourself some freedom here by not sticking to a strict protocol of posting daily or a required format of post titles. Writing every day would feel like a chore to me instead of a creative outlet or place to express particular ideas.

This makes it easier on me too since I find it difficult to READ all the posts of the blogs I love most.

Great picture to symbolize your new perspective.

Anonymous said...

yup, loving the psychodrama.

:o)


I began blogging every day - if i tried that now i'm sure i'd want to give up too before long.


Happy that you are back.