Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Normalcy


I stand corrected - it’s what you do on New Year’s DAY that you’ll do the rest of the year, not what you do on New Year’s Eve. (I guess that does make more sense. Otherwise an awful lot of people would be partying constantly.)

In that case, I will spend the year sitting, reading, walking around New York, taking photos, and helping out the folks at the Zendo. Doesn’t sound so bad, right?

My fellow sangha members returned from their Connecticut retreat yesterday, and I helped them unload the truck and reset the Zendo. It was nice to be back in the old space. The holidays are fun, but they’re kind of like vacation - the best part is coming back to routine and normalcy at the end of it all.

Here’s to a great 2008!

(Photo: New Year's debris on Avenue A, Jan. 2008)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great pic! Perfect "the day after" shot.

I'm very superstitious about the New Year's Day activity roster. I always put money in the bank (even though it has to go through the ATM). I try to work a little bit, write, take pics, walk the dog, cook, connect with people I love.

Your 2008 sounds ideal, too. Yes!!

Anonymous said...

OK, so that means I'll be having passionate hot sex all this year! *WINK*

Anonymous said...

thats such a great picture.

yes, i'd be mostly pleased to repeat my Jan 1st for the rest of the year.
Jealous of jd z-smith tho....

Anonymous said...

That picture is awesome!

I guess I'm going to spend this year going to bed at 7 am, waking up at 10 am, walking home, and then watching my mother's fire burn up in an electrical fire! I hope that's not the case!

Happy new year! 2008 is going to be rad, I can feel it!

Anonymous said...

It's funny, my mom, after every fun trip she takes, or every holiday always in her great southern accent "well, back to normal!"

Anonymous said...

crap--This means I'll be cooking a huge labor intensive meal, and tidying up the house all year long. I didn't even get a nap in and I ate meat!