Saturday, January 26, 2008

Playground


Isn't this a great set of playground equipment? It's made to resemble the Chrysler Building and the Empire State Building. Instilling community pride in the kiddies, I suppose. I found it while wandering in Chelsea a couple of weeks ago.

Wandering is again on the agenda this weekend, naturally. I have a blissful weekend of unallocated time, which I'm really looking forward to.

Saw a couple of movies last week: "Atonement," which was grim but beautifully filmed and well-acted, and "Cloverfield," which I saw because I was curious how a monster attack on New York would be portrayed. It was chilling to see how closely "Cloverfield" borrowed from 9/11, actually - debris whooshing down the streets after buildings collapse, fluttering paperwork in the air. But otherwise, it's a pretty silly movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly is good, even in playground equipment. That is SO Chelsea!

I love unstructured time - my whole day today is mine to do with as I please. I feel so rich on free days.

Stay warm and have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

What can I say about this photo? I love the Chrysler Bldg. and the Empire State (OK I love skyscrapers, always have--this is a dream playground for me.)

Feb is going to be super busy for me, so I am trying to do nothing much for the rest of January. Going to a movie sounds like a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great when mundane things become art? Everyone wins.