Monday, January 14, 2008

Wandering


Went up to the Bronx on Saturday with some friends to photograph graffiti and street art. We walked a long way, from Jerome Avenue west of the Grand Concourse all the way over to West Farms Road. I saw tons of places I’d never seen. As you know, I am all about exploring, so that was a terrific day. People were friendly and we found lots of old deco buildings and a truly unusual school bus, among other things. (Photos to come!)

I went to the Zendo yesterday morning, and then spent the day reading and relaxing at home, which was WONDERFUL. I wandered up to the grocery store around 4 p.m., but otherwise just stayed put with the cat.

(Photo: Church in Chinatown, Dec. 2007)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a beautiful picture.

It sounds like a perfect weekend. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Reya beat me to it--I was going to say wow what a beautiful picture.

So... The photo is so lovely. the pink and white flowers against the grey makes for a sad and yet hopeful feeling. Really--I'm serious. I love the statue. I love it when people drape statues of Mary with rosaries too.

Anonymous said...

That really is a lovely photo Steve.

Anonymous said...

Sounds really, really nice.

Anonymous said...

The cat was probably thrilled to have the human pillow at home all day.

Anonymous said...

wonderful wandering
and she looks as tho she is wondering

:o)

Anonymous said...

Dennis would like to wander around the Bronx.

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic photo - I LOVE when religious icons mix with everyday life. ;-)