Saturday, October 19, 2024

Fog


It was damp and misty yesterday morning, the garden shrouded in a soft white fog.


Olga and I went on our walk to the corner, but I was running late for work so I had to hustle her home again pretty quickly.



The spider webs were exactly like a child's drawing, beaded with misty droplets.

I've got the dehumidifier going again, and this weekend we're looking at two days of rain -- so it's got a job to do!

Yesterday during my lunch break I tried to comment on several blogs, and Blogger would not let me. I kept getting a "your comment failed to post" message. I hope it was a temporary glitch and not something based on the school's Internet security settings, because that would mean I can't comment from school anymore, which would truly be a huge pain for me. (I also couldn't answer my own comments, but I will try to catch up today.)

I'm looking forward to a weekend of "Bleak House," which I have allowed to languish untouched for several days now.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures of spider webs. I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The webs are a stunning work of natural art.
    If you did not use a dehumidifier, what would happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they have Damp Rid over there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The webs are remarkable. Sure they're not novelty plastic webs that some kids have put up ahead of Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to be able to see spiders' work properly even if it does mean a bit of damp!

    Blogger does that every now and then... you'll be back ok

    ReplyDelete