Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Street Work and Halloween


I came across these autumnal trees walking home from work yesterday. It's amazing how fast the leaves change. It seems that all we need are a few cold nights and suddenly we have autumn.


Remember that sign indicating our street would be closed for a few days beginning on the 14th? Well, this is what the closure looks like. I have no idea what's going on here, exactly, except that it's a Thames Water project and it's linked to that house on the right, which has recently been entirely gutted and basically rebuilt except for the outer shell. It's been a long, long renovation process and I guess they're getting a new water hookup, maybe?


Meanwhile, at work, our Halloween book display went up yesterday, with the help of some enterprising parent volunteers. (All I did is pull the books.) I like the witches' hats hanging from the ceiling!


Not to mention the big, hairy spider hanging off my desk!

4 comments:

  1. It is a good sign in a school when parents join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that spider, and the hats. I want to see inside the house that’s being renovated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fluffy spider looks rather cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be great if the library staff had to dress up for Halloween. You could be Freddy Kruger but of course your boss would have no need for a special costume.

    ReplyDelete