Saturday, August 11, 2007

W. 36th Street, August 2007


While the South swelters in unnaturally hot temperatures, we’re having a cold snap, if you can believe it. Yesterday it rained and rained, and when the storms finally passed it was in the high 50s! It’s very strange to have the temperature drop 40 degrees in a single day.

I went out with my friend Jan last night to the South Street Seaport and then to the Ritz Carlton at Battery Park, which we’d been told had a bar with a great view. The Seaport area is a little too much like a big mall for my taste -- Gap, Abercrombie & Fitch, etc. -- but we did find a nice wine bar called Bin 220 and had some excellent cheese and red wine. Then we went to the Ritz and found the bar depressingly bland, like the food -- but the view was killer. We watched fireworks over the Statue of Liberty. Not sure whose fireworks or why, but they were a fun surprise.


I finally had my day in court yesterday. You may remember that as president of my co-op, I had to testify in a case related to my apartment building. I’d never testified in court before, but it went very smoothly. Examination, cross-examination, witness box, judge in black robe - just like the movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A day in court. Sounds stressful.

I once had to spend about four hours on the stand in an employment case. I was the star witness. It was nerve wracking. I spent the whole time trying not to contradict myself.