Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bronx Graffiti


Not much time to write today, so I'll just post some photos from a walk I took yesterday through The Bronx. Lots of great graffiti, most of it painted with the permission of building owners -- so there was lots of time for the artists to create incredible color and detail. Spectacular!

The piece above is by Dasic, who also did this piece.






Bad news about Travis, our formerly living Christmas tree. I went out to give him some water the other day and he was about 80 percent brown! It happened so quickly -- he looked fine just a week or two ago. I guess I should have been watering him more carefully through this long, hot drought. Maybe he'll pull through, but it doesn't look good.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I'm sorry about Travis, but glad to be reminded he's just a tree. Maybe this year's Travis will fare better. It's been a long hot last month.

I always enjoy your street art. I would like to be able to climb into the mind of a street artist and understand the artistic process from his point of view.

Gary said...

Hey, did I tell you that I took some pictues of the graffiti in Venice specifically to show you? It is nothing spectaular like these pics but it was there nonetheless.