Saturday, February 17, 2007

Astoria, Queens, January 2007


I am launching into this weekend with a burden lifted! Every February I have a task to complete at work that I find really tedious. (It involves making a poster recognizing the recipients of editorial awards we've handed out during the past year - trust me, you don't want to know, and it bores me even to write about it.) I've been dreading it for a while, but I couldn't start it until this week, when the last of those contests concluded.

Finally, yesterday I dug right into it and stayed late and got the bulk of it done. Funny how once I decided to do it, it didn't take very long at all. My dread had turned it into more than it really was. What a great feeling, to know there's light at the end of the tunnel, and it's mostly behind me for another year!

The other great thing about this weekend is that I have NOTHING planned. I can't remember the last time that happened. I'm going to stay home and clean my house and pet my nervous, hyperthyroid cat and maybe get out and take some pictures.

No comments: