Sunday, February 25, 2007

Thompson Street, Sept. 2006


If you know Arabic, or if you know anyone who does, please help me figure out what this says. I see it all over town, and even though I know a little Arabic, I can't figure it out. Maybe it's a name and not a word. In any case, leave me a comment if you can help clear up the mystery!

A week or so ago I mentioned that I'm supposed to give my cat medicine for her thyroid condition. What an ordeal! She's a feisty animal, and I knew I wouldn't be able to get a pill down her throat, so the vet gave me her medicine as a liquid compound. (Tuna flavored!) She still fights like crazy, however, if I try to squirt it in her mouth.

Remember the old Aesop's Fable about the sun and wind competing to get the man to take off his coat? The wind blows and blows but the man just wraps up tighter, while the sun merely shines on him and he takes it off. The moral: persuasion is better than force.

That's the method I'm using with the cat. I dribble her medicine onto some Fancy Feast (Grilled Ocean Whitefish and Tuna Feast with Gravy, to be exact) and she eats it right up. Victory is mine!

No comments: