Saturday, July 24, 2010

Off to Michigan


Tomorrow Dave and I are off to Michigan to visit his family and some friends. I'm going to see a friend from Peace Corps and an old friend from college, and Dave has lots of of folks to see too. Should be a whirlwind! We're planning a 10-day trip, but we're driving so we have lots of flexibility on where we need to be and when.

We're also taking the dogs, which will be an adventure!

I'm not taking my computer, though, so blogging may be a bit more sporadic until I return.

I ran five miles at the gym today, after finally figuring out how to operate the video units on the treadmills. I've been relying on my iPod for months because I couldn't figure out how to turn on the TVs! Of course it turned out to be easy, and I spent my whole run watching videos from the '80s, which were pretty awesome. Theme for the day: "Walk Like an Egyptian"!

(Photo: Anna Maria Island, last week.)

4 comments:

The Bug said...

Oh I loved that song - I remember stuff from the early 80s - but after 1986 not so much.

Have a great trip - can't wait to hear about the dogs' adventures :)

Merle Sneed said...

I'm a few days late, but have a wonderful time.

Barbara said...

I'm late too. I wish you could include a stop in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, a truly beautiful place.

Although I love the lush evergreens all over suburban Detroit, I must say my trips to Michigan are mostly about seeing people. The city itself is long since dead and the outlying areas are mostly suburban sprawl.

Do I recall that Dave is from Kalamazoo, or am I making that up?

Have a great trip!

Salty Miss Jill said...

Have a lovely trip...and post photos when you return!