Friday, July 13, 2007

Sixth Avenue, July 2007


Well, I'm happy to report that things have vastly improved on the health front - all your good luck wishes must have helped. My fever went down drastically yesterday just after lunch, and this morning when I got up my temperature was normal. I feel a little like a wrung-out washcloth, but still, that is an improvement. I'm probably going to go back to work today, though I am going to endeavor to sit at my desk as much as possible!

I did go to the doctor, but as with most viruses, there wasn't much he could do. He gave me a prescription for an antibiotic because he thought I might have a sinus infection - I had headaches - but I'm not going to fill it. To badly adapt a phrase from Lloyd Bentsen, I know a sinus infection, and you, sir, are no sinus infection.

I watched an entire season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" yesterday, and I'm utterly addicted. A coworker loaned me the DVD (and thank God I had it, in my deliriously bored state) so I hope I can borrow others from her. The resemblance to "Seinfeld" is remarkable. I also watched "Syriana," which was confusing, but I got the general gist of it: Big Oil = BAD.

My court testimony never happened. As it turns out, the hearing was continued, as hearings often are. Stay tuned for part two of that story in a few weeks.

Thanks again for all your good wishes. It was nice to sign on and get so much positive, healing energy coming from blogland.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad your fever broke! The battle is over; your immune system was victorious. Yay!! Of course you're exhausted, as are all warriors after the war ends.

Even back at work or whatever you do today, will you take in some beauty? It's the last piece of healing, always ignored in our nose-to-the-grindstone culture. Listen to music you love, go look at a painting that gives you goose bumps it's so gorgeous, that kind of thing. It's always a part of my prescription, anyway.

Doctors prescribe antibiotics because they don't know what else to do.

Glad you're returning to your standards of excellence!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you are getting well. I love Curb Your Enthusiasm, as well. Larry David is either a genius, or a total nut. Or both.

Anonymous said...

I love Curb too--

glad you are on the mend.

the grafitti is scary somehow. like a bad clown.