Friday, August 20, 2010

Day Off


So I've worked two days, and already I have a day off. Such are the benefits of starting mid-week!

I don't know if I mentioned it, but my schedule in this new position is Sunday-Thursday. So I'll have Friday and Saturday free. It stands to complicate my life a little, since my weekends will no longer mesh with anyone else's -- but that's a small price to pay for employment.

Today is just a day for errands -- cleaning the apartment, going to the gym, getting my car "Simonized" (some kind of protective coating that the dealership agreed to provide when I bought it). Dave and I are going to dinner with a friend tonight, and tomorrow we're pretty much going to hang out at home. This is going to be an interesting autumn, because he and I work such disparate hours that we may not see much of each other. Ugh!

(Photo: Graffiti in Greenwich Village, on Monday.)

3 comments:

The Bug said...

Sometimes I'm glad that I work the traditional five day work week. But then sometimes I think it would be cool to have one midweek day off & then work on a weekend day where there wouldn't be as much morning rush hour traffic.

Reya Mellicker said...

I actually love having a mid-week weekend. Yes it gets in the way sometimes, but it also makes possible the completion of errands when no one else is out there trying to be productive.

37paddington said...

For me, there's something so liberating about being home when the rest of the world is at work. And in a partnership, it can be nice for each person to have a day of their own, knowing the other one will arrive home at some point. And you still have Saturday! Enjoy your day off.