Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day


So, my first day at the new job was yesterday. I hate first days. They're filled with weird tension and uncertainty. But, having said that, things seemed to go well and I don't anticipate any problems settling into this new gig. It's just a matter of time to get to know my coworkers, my sources and the communities I'm covering. Everyone I've met so far seems nice and collegial.

I took a break at lunch and went to a little antique store near the office for some quick browsing. I bought a little handmade plate, very '70s, to ornament my desk. So I'm settling in!

I'll be glad when the paychecks start arriving.

(Photo: Mural on a construction shed on Eighth Avenue, Chelsea, on Monday.)

3 comments:

The Bug said...

I'm glad your first day went ok. Waiting for the first paycheck is the hardest part :)

A Concerned Citizen said...

Congrats on the civil union, the move, and the new job, and I'm so sorry to hear about Ruby's woes. Lots has happened since I abandoned the blogosphere for my new job last year -- I'm so pleased to hear that, in your case, most of the changes have been positive ones!

Merle Sneed said...

My congratulations on your first day. If you need sources, I know stuff about certain people.