Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cuba Car


Look what Olga and I found on her walk this morning -- a papier-maché car from Cuba!


It's about six inches long, and the wheels even roll.

It was lying on the sidewalk with a bunch of scattered, discarded toys from a kids' charity shop, waiting for the trash collection. This doesn't seem like a toy, though. More like a charming little souvenir...


...which now graces my bedside table. (I've never been to Cuba, but it's on my list of places to go. I guess this is an aspirational souvenir!)

7 comments:

Gary said...

I love it! It reminds me of the work of a wonderful children's book author Zachariah OHora

http://stayfuzzy.tumblr.com/

Of course, in my mind everything can relate to a children's book.

Ms. Moon said...

Good find!

Lynne said...

Sweet! Love it -- what a great find. I would have brought it home too.

Linda Sue said...

WELL DONE OLGA!!! Best find of the day! Glad you rescued it and that it might inspire you further...I have always wanted to go to Cuba but I want to go before it is wrecked with folks who have always wanted to go to Cuba.

ellen abbott said...

i love gifts from the universe. it is very cool!

37paddington said...

Rescued treasure that found its rightful owner. It's so cool looking.

The Bug said...

Ooh I love it! It's art!