Friday, May 16, 2014

People on the Streets


I mentioned several days ago that I walked down Portobello Road and then around Piccadilly Circus photographing people. Here are the results.



I look for people who have an interesting appearance for some reason -- maybe their posture or their clothing or their hair. I try to be selective.




The colorful hair thing is very popular here in Britain -- brilliant reds and blues and purples. Hey, why the heck not?!



This woman was looking quite fashionable, with her $895 pink Gucci bag. People sure do love their iPhones, don't they?

7 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Everybody has a story.You have captured some really interesting ones. Your photos would be great for a creative writing class, sparks imagination , intrigue - inspirational.And GORGEOUS! The guy with the tumbling hair stopped me dead in my tracks!I have always wanted a sideways lense so that I could take photos of people while appearing to be taking a photo of something else.

ellen abbott said...

Really great photos Steve.

Reya Mellicker said...

These are great pictures! Fabulous portraits. Each one could be a writer's prompt. Cool!


How did you know about the price of the Gucci bag?

Steve Reed said...

Reya: I looked it up online, to make sure it IS a Gucci bag!

Ms. Moon said...

I suddenly feel very plain with my hair-colored hair.

JennieB said...

I loved the commeraderie in the mother & daughter photo. Such a sweet phot!

Sharon said...

Fantastic people shots!