Thursday, November 17, 2016

Garden Cam


Time to check in on the garden cam! We've had it sitting out a couple of weeks, and here are some of the 900-plus photos we captured. (Yes, I know, the time and date are totally incorrect. I need to reset them.)

Hello, curious squirrel on a rainy day!


And hello, sneaky nocturnal fox.


Here I am, in my snazzy Missoni bathrobe, feeding the squirrels and birds in the backyard saucer. I bought that bathrobe with a birthday check from my dad when I lived in New York. Best bathrobe I ever owned.


Here are the pigeons that swoop in as soon as I step away, along with the big boss crows that try their best to hog all the food. (The vast majority of our garden cam pictures are of pigeons.)


Someone's random black cat made a pass through the garden, no doubt looking for all those pigeons and squirrels. It's looking toward the house, where Olga was probably going ballistic.


The magpies, quite snooty, prefer to keep their backs to the camera.


But the pigeons have no such pride.


Oh, hello again!

10 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Dear Councillor,
I have complained before about those two colonials who live next door to us. This is my latest update. "Egghead" has taken to parading around the garden in his gaudy foreign dressing gown and mule slippers, scattering waste food on the grass. When I look out of my window in the morning, this is the last thing I want to see. Their blatant lack of decorum is quite appalling. Is there anything that can be done?
Yours truly,
Miss Snooty

Ms. Moon said...

This is no doubt my favorite post of the day. Maybe of the week! In all of blogland!!!!
Thank you, Steve. I needed that.

ellen abbott said...

thanks for this. love the squirrel and pigeon and you look like like a monk with your bald head and bathrobe.

Sharon said...

I love this post. It had me laughing out loud. That squirrel is the best! Well, along with the great bathrobe!

The Bug said...

Hahaha! Love that squirrel :) We need a back yard cam too.

Red said...

So lots of surprising stuff going through your yard.

John Going Gently said...

Am loving these candid shots, brilliant

Lynne said...

Haha, too cute, especially the little squirrel. You catch different things than we do. :)

jenny_o said...

What is it about squirrels that is so lovable? (certainly not their destructive ability, but I'm talking looks, here :)) They look so knowing, somehow.

And why are nighttime photos so spooky?

Too many questions! I love this post.

Lesley UK said...

Wow! that third one is way too scary for me. Is this sort of thing allowed on the internet?