Monday, July 23, 2012

Off to Scotland


The sun finally came out yesterday -- not timidly or tepidly but full-on, warming the city and drying out the damp sogginess of the past several weeks. We seized the opportunity for an outdoor activity, and took Dave's parents on the same open-bus sightseeing tour that I took with Jennifer and Jesse a few weeks ago.

Dave actually got a little bit sunburned. That's how bright it was. Can you believe it? And we're supposed to have more of the same today and tomorrow -- or we would be if we were staying in London. But as luck would have it, we're going to Scotland. Where it is, of course, raining.

We're off this morning, taking a train to Edinburgh from King's Cross. Don't get me wrong -- I am very excited to see Scotland, even though it's a brief trip and we'll be back home again on Wednesday. I'll just bring my trusty Beatles umbrella, which now seems as familiar as a prosthetic limb.

I plan to blog as usual. Meanwhile, I'm not going to spill the beans yet on yesterday's photo. I'll give another day for guesses -- not that there's a prize or anything.

(Photo: Yesterday at Bank, London.)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to see Scotland! My grandmother was Scotch-English, of the Ross clan. I long to visit it -- and Ireland, too.

Reya Mellicker said...

Enjoy Scotland - if possible.

Nonstop rain is so depressing. xx oo

Lynne said...

I'm jealous! More photo ops, Steve! I hope the sun comes out for you.

Linda Sue said...

You should wear mirrors on your shoes...kilts , you know...